Why You Should Join
WHO WE ARE. The Lost River Educational Foundation Artists Marketplace (“Marketplace”) is a member-driven organization celebrating more than 30 years in Hardy County, West Virginia.
We work to encourage the creation and appreciation of quality handmade products and educate the public about the production and value of heritage crafts and art. With our marketing center we feature products made by our members, coordinate demonstrations, and assist the Lost River Educational Foundation with class offerings.
WHY WE ARE A GOOD PLACE FOR YOUR WORK.
• Over 30 members, many long lasting
• Located in a growing retirement and resort community 2½ hours from DC.
• Featured Artist Program allows you to demonstrate your craft and meet
• New website to promote members with links to your site (in progress).
• No work requirement
• No credit card fees
• Current crafts include: woodworking, stained glass, pottery, photography,
painting, quilting, knitting and crocheting, glass, and jewelry
• Open Saturday, 11:00 am - 5:00 pm and Sunday, 11:00 am to 3:00 pm, mid-April through mid-December.
TAKE A VIRTUAL TOUR OF OUR MARKETPLACE
INTRODUCTORY MEMBERSHIP DUES
To encourage you to give us a try, the Marketplace is offering an introductory 90 day membership at just 30% of the full year rate. (Regular dues are $150 which includes a $100 tax deductible donation).
HOW TO JOIN
All members must be juried in before selling crafts in the Marketplace. Jury sessions are held several times during the year.
Complete the Membership Application and Agreement below. Send it to along with three photos of your work.
When you are notified of the next jury session, bring three pieces of your work, priced and ready to sell along with your application and membership agreement.
Your work will be judged on workmanship, attention to detail, appeal to our customers, price, durability as well as competition and compatibility with current merchandise.
You will be notified of your acceptance that afternoon.