Why You Should Join
WHO WE ARE. The Lost River Educational Foundation Artists Marketplace (“Marketplace”) is a member-driven organization celebrating more than 30 years in Hardy County, West Virginia.
We work to encourage the creation and appreciation of quality handmade products and educate the public about the production and value of heritage crafts and art. With our marketing center we feature products made by our members, coordinate demonstrations, and assist the Lost River Educational Foundation with class offerings.
WHY WE ARE A GOOD PLACE FOR YOUR WORK.
• Over 30 members, many long lasting
• Located in a growing retirement and resort community 2½ hours from DC.
• Featured Artist Program allows you to demonstrate your craft and meet
• Website to promote members with links to your site.
• No work requirement
• No credit card fees
• Members who have contributed the full Annual Membership are entitled
to a 5% discount on purchases at the Marketplace.
• Current crafts include: woodworking, stained glass, pottery, photography,
painting, quilting, knitting and crocheting, glass, and jewelry
• Open Saturday, 11:00 am - 5:00 pm and Sunday, 11:00 am to 3:00 pm, mid-April through mid-December. OPENS FOR THE SEASON UNTIL APRIL 2, 2022.
TAKE A VIRTUAL TOUR OF OUR MARKETPLACE
INTRODUCTORY MEMBERSHIP DUES
To encourage you to give us a try, the Marketplace is offering an introductory 90 day membership at just $50.00, which is 30% of the full year rate. (Regular dues are $150 which includes a $100 tax deductible donation).
HOW TO JOIN
All members must be juried in before selling crafts in the Marketplace. Juries are held several times during the season. The next jury session in April 9, 2022, from Noon to 2:00pm.
Complete the Membership Application and Agreement below. Send it to LREF@HardyNet.com (or bring it with you). You will be notified about the next jury session.
For the jury session, bring three pieces of your work, priced and ready to sell along with your application, membership check, and membership agreement.
Your work will be judged on workmanship, attention to detail, appeal to our customers, price, durability as well as competition and compatibility with current merchandise.
You will be notified of your acceptance later that afternoon.