Sat, Jul 08|
Location is TBD
Handbuilt Stoneware Class
Each piece unique!
Time & Location
Jul 08, 2023, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Location is TBD
About the Event
Join stoneware artist, Kathy Kavanagh to learn how to create your own handbuilt stoneware. Rather than using a traditional wheel, you will roll and form clay into decorative obects. This class consists of two sessions, July 8 and 22.
- NOTE: This class continues on Saturday, July 22, at 10:00 am.
- This class is about HANDBUILDING (no wheel).
- On the first Saturday, you create your pieces or pieces. Then Kathy will have two weeks to get them dry and bisque fired so they are ready. to be glazed.
- On the second Saturday, July 22, you will glaze your fired piece. Kathy will then fire them for the second time.
- You will have plenty of stoneware clay to work with and all my tools, molds, leaves, etc. Imagination is the name of the game.
- The class is at my studio and you will have plenty of space to work.
- I supply all the clay, glazes, tools, and kiln time you'll need. You share the slab roller, but will have table space for all manner of creativity!
- After your pottery is glazed and fired for the second time (to stoneware temps-- nearly 2300 degrees), She will take them to the Marketplace at LREF where you can pick them up.
- Please bring your lunch and drinks.
- The class will be held at Kathy's studio, 1 Jesse Landis Lane, Mathias, WV. She will send directions to the studio after you sign up for the class, so we need your email address.
Class Ticket$70.00Sold Out
This event is sold out